Friday, February 22, 2013

Waterfall

I went hiking at nearby Silver Falls State Park last Sunday, and ever since then, I've been pondering how the waterfalls are an analogy for the life of faith. For the purposes of this blog, I had great visions of some deep and creative metaphor having to do with a flood of mercy or something similar. But despite my intentions, nothing came to me. So let's leave it at this: God does beautiful work. Even on an overcast Northwest day in February, the magnificence of natural features astounds and humbles. Thanks to Katie and Erin for good conversation throughout the three-mile-turned-eight-mile hike for the afternoon. I'm glad we could share the trail.

Anyone venturing near Portland or Salem should visit Silver Falls. Here's what you will see:







No comments:

Post a Comment