Thursday, November 21, 2013

Writing

I have been writing a good deal this semester for my journalism class. Here are some highlights you can peruse:

  • As part of the class, we hosted three press conferences to promote stories on the hilltop and practice our interviewing skills. I wrote a brief story on each for the Mount Angel Seminary (MAS) Journalism Blog. Here are Press Conference #1, Press Conference #2, and Press Conference #3.
  • My project for the semester is to tackle an unfamiliar genre in journalism, so I have been researching and practicing the photo essay. To compile my work, I published a blog that will eventually feature the capstone of my work, a photo essay covering the shoe shining service of Seattle seminarian Greg Snyder here at Mount Angel. For now, the blog has much of the process I have undergone in my research. I call the project "Another's Shoes."
The last couple weeks have been long as my leg heals from my run-in with the soccer goal post. It's tough to sit on the sidelines. Luckily, my teammates have done well: We won two soccer games this weekend to push us into a tie for first place in our league at 5-2-2, and the basketball team won for the first time this fall. The staples are out of my leg now, so I'm hoping to take the field on Saturday for the final soccer match and perhaps the court for two basketball contests on Friday and Saturday. After that, the two sport craziness of the last month will end, and I can focus on hoops, formation, studies, prayer, and the upcoming break.

No comments:

Post a Comment