Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Oops

A quick note before I go to bed...

Tuesday kicked me back into student mode. The three-day weekend coddled me into thinking this was going to be easy -- lots of time to study, sunny days, relaxing afternoon naps, easing back into a routine. I thought I prepared well for my classes.

For the most part, I did -- with one exception. In Philosophical Anthropology (a big name for the study of what makes us human), I completely overlooked a story we were supposed to read, which made taking the quiz about that story into a big guessing game. Oops.

I do enjoy being a student. I like the process of learning and the responsibility of budgeting my time and energy into the work of education. The perfectionist in me does not like, however, having brain farts and having no clue with a quiz in front of me. I had to laugh because I was humbled and frustrated. What else could I do?

Sometimes in the newness of it all, I wonder if God tweaks these experiences so I have to sit back and rethink my own faculties. It's not I doing this work but you through me, Lord. But please, can you help me remember to do all my reading next time?


No comments:

Post a Comment