Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Inconceivable

I have been running up the Council Spring trail in the Boise foothills lately, and the climb is brutal--2,700 feet in 5 miles. As I ran on Saturday, I passed a mountain biker in bright brick red exercise gear at the beginning of my run, not thinking much of it. Very few people go past a gate two miles up. In fact, I hadn't seen anyone after the gate in three other times running the trail.

Most of the time the trail was too rocky and curvy to look back, but at one point I saw an opening that allowed me to view my progress. As I peered down the trail, I saw a bright brick red dot moving toward me, back some ways but scooting along steadily. Inconceivable. He was trekking upward behind me! The mountain biker never did catch me. I ran my five miles, turned around, and saw him face-to-face on the way down.

Still, the encounter reminded me of this scene. What a great movie.

1 comment: