Monday, March 30, 2015

Mileage


After a road trip to Mount Angel and Seattle, I returned to Boise tonight carried home safely by my vehicle of almost 10 years.

My 2000 Toyota Camry took me through college, into youth ministry, away to seminary, and back to living in Boise. I wonder how many times I have turned the key in the ignition this decade to the reliable sound of the engine firing and the dashboard illuminating. I know well the quirks of the vehicle--the broken seal on the driver's side, the key scratch all along the passenger side, the cassette player, the two tiny dents (but not cracks) in the windshield, the trunk light being deactivated so the battery doesn't drain--and I love my Camry despite the flaws.

But the time to sell and upgrade is coming soon. It will be farewell to a fine vessel for many journeys. I hope some nervous teenager being handed keys for the first time might have use for my old machine so the adventures may continue.

For now, I'm on the hunt for new wheels. Anyone have suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment