Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Wheels

One of my prayers as I've been contemplating a new car is that I would be a good steward with what I have been given. I want to use my resources well without over-indulging. This line of thinking led me to used vehicles mostly. A 2003 Honda Civic with only 64,000 miles. A 2010 VW Jetta TDI with diesel but a bad maintenance record. Some Ford Fusions and Edges that didn't quite meet my hopes for gas mileage.

I never imagined I would be talked into a new car. In fact, when I asked my uncle (my family's resident car expert) for advice in my search, the one thing he told me was to steer away from buying new.

I did it anyway.

I bought a 2015 Toyota Prius. The deal was this: $5,750 off, 0% interest, 60-month payment plan, two years of regular maintenance (oil changes, tire rotation, fluid levels, general checkup), and a warranty that covers bigger mishaps for seven years. I hope to be driving this baby for the foreseeable future, and getting 50 or more miles to the gallon while I do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment